Sunday 22 December 2013

Road to the London Senior Cup 2013/14 (2nd Round)

It was typical, picking a trophy that was played out over the season with some sparse gaps and (on the whole) in midweek, I was sure I could get to every game through the tournament. Therefore when Tooting & Mitcham organised their 2nd Round clash against Thamesmead just a week after playing their 1st Round game, that bad luck struck again. It’s not that I couldn’t make it, but returning from exams and a holiday meant it was probably best I didn’t go.

Mitcham tram stop(THIS IS MITCHAM)

Had I gone, it wouldn’t have been my favourite trip of the season. A competition that hardly inspires the masses at the early stage, a ground I’ve already been to and the away team playing their under 21s. In the end, the result wasn’t a particular surprise. Tooting & Mitcham played a weakened team too, but had far too much for the Mead with goals from Frankie Sawyer and TJ Nkoma gave the Terrors a 2-0 win.

TM vs TT(Action shot from the game – not my pic, taken from Flickr)

Brilliantly, Tooting are now through to the Quarter-Finals where they will play Southern Counties East League side Cray Valley (PM). They have managed to currently schedule the game for the 14th January, a night that I cannot make. So hoping for a postponement or just to slightly move the game, otherwise it will be enough round missed!

ROAD TO THE LONDON SENIOR CUP 2013/2014:

1ST ROUND: Thamesmead Town 2-2 Greenhouse London [Thamesmead win 6-5 on penalties] (Bayliss Avenue, Att: 22)

2ND ROUND: Tooting & Mitcham United 2-0 Thamesmead Town (Imperial Fields, Att: 64)

No comments:

Post a Comment