Monday 6 December 2010

The 100th Post!

100th blog

To celebrate the momentous achievement of my 100th post, I’ve decided to highlight some of the best moments during the first 99 posts so far.

Travelling Fan gets noticed:

After I went to see Yeovil Town take on Belgian amateur side RRFC Montengée in the South-West Challenge Cup in 2009, the last thing I expected to find was that my match report ended up on a Fan Website, but enter Yeovil Town’s Ciderspace where I received a mention! (Snap below)

TTF on Ciderspace

Travelling Fan in print! :

Even better than that was after purchasing the great football book, ‘Village Voice’ from Ian Cusack. My trip to Percy Main earlier this year was given a full mention and write up! All the proceeds from the book are going towards fixing the roof at Percy Main’s Purvis Park, and it only costs £10 – so e-mail iancusack@blueyonder.co.uk for details and how to pay! Its a cracking read (from what I’ve read so far. And FYI, I’m on pg 154 *wink*)

IMG_0266

Best Game:

Lancaster City 3-5 Salford City (Unibond League Division 1 North – 07/03/09)

My first ‘proper’ non-league game and what an absolute belter it was. Salford City with only 1 win all season go to play-off chasing Lancaster, so a foregone conclusion? No – an utter bloodbath played on a bog. Brilliant.

Best Ground:

Tiverton Town - Ladysmead

P1516_05-04-10

Honourable mentions to Bamber Bridge and Morecambe (Christie Park) but Tiverton’s Ladysmead was an absolute cracking surprise. Four great stands and a lush pitch. Friendly people and a good clubhouse too. Top stuff.

So there’s just a small insight into what the Travelling Fan has been seeing since I started back in February 2009. Here’s to another 100 posts!

No comments:

Post a Comment