Tuesday 23 March 2010

Easter – plans and shizz

kissableeasterbunnies

With me spending most of the Easter holiday in Devon, its back trying to get to grounds that I missed over Christmas, or had no idea I lived anywhere near. Here is my provisional (and I stress provisional after my Christmas plans actually only saw me go to one of the games I’d picked) list of games I might be at. Also to celebrate Google Street View now being able to show perverts, stalkers and the nerds 95% of Britain, I’ve ‘Street Viewed’ the grounds I’m hoping to go to. (Yes I have too much spare time on my hands)

Saturday 27th March

Witheridge vs Elburton Villa (Southwest Peninsula Premier)

Mid-table clash at Edge Down Park as I will finally get to Witheridge after missing out at Christmas. Withy are in 11th and E Villa in 12th, although Withy have 3 games in hand on them, so this one could be a close game.

Witheridge Ground - GM

Monday 29th March

Willand Rovers vs Tiverton Town (Devon FA St Lukes Cup Quarter Final)

Its always great fun to do a Western Prem ground and both teams will be looking to progress to the Semis where only Bideford have currently qualified so far. Add in its a local derby and this could be a corker.

Willand Rovers ground GM

Friday 2nd April (Good Friday)

Bickleigh vs Appledore (Southwest Peninsula Division 1 East)

Having ‘Street Viewed’ this tiny Devon village, I’m actually quite looking forward to this one, its Bickleigh’s first ever season at this level and they are still yet to win at home this season so put your bets on Appledore.

Bickleigh ground GM

Monday 5th April (Easter Monday)

Tiverton Town vs Chippenham Town (Southern League Premier)

I have wanted to go back to Ladysmead since I last visited, this time last year. A spicy game it was then, and with the teams heading in opposite directions, this could also be a great game.

Tiverton ground GM

Saturday 10th April

Torquay United vs Rochdale AFC (English League 2)

I may not actually have the money to do this game, or may come down to not being bothered to get the train to Torquay. Rochdale could secure promotion to League 1 in this game and Torquay still need points to stay up.

Torquay ground GM

Obviously, this schedule is at the mercy of weather, money and if I can be bothered. Lets go!

No comments:

Post a Comment